Thursday, April 13, 2017

Writing Update - A Darling Secret

I know I haven't been posting much lately. I'm in the final writing stages of Book III in the Strange Luck series (A Darling Secret).

As of this week, I'm pleased to report that I've officially surpassed the length of The Nightmare Birds. If all goes well, the book will be finished by the end of the month. Woot!

I'm so excited that the series will be coming to a close soon, and that Daisy will finally discover her true self, but I'm also quite sad that it will be over. :( I've really enjoyed getting to know these characters and sharing their stories. It has been SOOOOOOO much fun writing these books and creating these worlds. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself once it's over.

Is it weird that I grieve over my own characters???

Each of my books has focused on a different theme. In Strange Luck it was memories. In The Nightmare Birds is was meaning. A Darling Secret will focus on strength. My hope is that this final book will be even more intense, magical, dark, and full of surprises than the first two, and that overall, this series will be something that will stay with you forever. I can only hope you'll agree when you read it. :D

More details to come soon. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a book to write...


No comments:

Post a Comment